PSL. Pumpkin Spice Latté. PSB. Pumpkin Spice Bowl. I have no issues, sister. I have no qualms. Your treat is your treat. But that treat is a bit treatier that this treat. If the PSL and the PSB were in the “Eat This, Not That” book, you know which treat would be where.
On some earth-shaking, soul-seeking level, we as humankind tap into our paleo cousins of the past eat for the season. You know I’m right! We want that warming veggie stew in the winter and that crisp watermelon in the summer. Lean into it, lovely! #aunaturale
The food industry, however, has taken that innate, earthly desire and transfigured it with marketing tactics. It’s taken the pumpkin, the delightful pudgy member of the squash family with it’s soothing orange color akin to the leaves of the season, and processed it into a flavoring that’s dusted, sprinkled, and glazed on, well, everything. #pumpkinspiceeverything
And, thus, pumpkin spice is now a lifestyle. If the spice girls were in their prime, pumpkin would be the lead. So, while you and your other #girlpower goddesses cozy up with your PSL | PSB | PS? , don’t forget the original – the pumpkin. The vegetable that is actually delicious in it’s original form and delightful for your body, not just your doorstep.
Here is my PSB, my ode to the PS lifestyle. But I always remember the true hero delivered to us my Mother Earth herself. #pumpkin
The PSB [makes 2 servings]
ingredients – 1 frozen banana, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, Purely Elizabeth Pumpkin Fig Granola, GoMacro Cashew Caramel Bar, currants or raisins, almond butter
- N I C E C R E A M : food process the frozen banana with almond milk until desired consistency is reached, add vanilla extract and cinnamon to taste
- T O P P I N G S : top with chopped GoMacro bar, Purely Elizabeth Pumpkin + Fig Granola, currants or raisins, and almond butter
note : this recipe is super flexie. here are some ideas to make it more beYOUtiful.
- if you’re a PS megafan, add some pumpkin spice to the nice cream
- if you’re more in love with the real thing (pumpkin) then add some frozen canned pumpkin [NOT pumpkin pie filling] to the nice cream
- choose the macrobar that suits your fancy – this one has a complex spicy flavor that keeps me warm
- choose different toppings altogether! except the Purely Elizabeth Pumpkin + Fig Granola. it’s the star. i wouldn’t mess with it. 🙂
PS. <<< see what i did there.